06/10/2014

"We're sorry to announce that there are minor delays…"

Every single time I heard that line being repeated on the London Underground (I wish NYC subway did that aswell, instead of leaving me uninformed and waiting for hours for another train), a thought of this blog kept popping up inside my head. Because honestly - even though I'm perfectly aware of the fact that this place looks abandoned - it's just a perfect description of the state this blog is currently in. I know what you think - I'm a horrible person and can't get absolutely anything done on the right time. And you know what? You're probably right. But I'm gonna try to justify myself anyway.

The truth is that I think about this blog probably more often than I should. I constantly come up with post ideas, I create the whole thing in my head, I even deliberately take pictures that could be posted here. The thing is, whenever this creative process happens in my head - I'm nowhere near the computer. And then, when I'm finally online and can actually write something, the words just won't come up. Have any of you ever experienced this? Seriously, whenever I tried to force myself to write something, it ended up with saying "I'll just do it later" and then closing the browser and forgetting about it forever. You have no idea how many brilliant ideas got wasted because of this! And as I've been struggling to find the perfect solution for such a long time, I stumbled upon this beaut during a shopping spree in London:


As much as I don't want to call it a diary, this little floral baby is, in fact, a place where I keep writing down most of the things that happen to me lately. The reason why I don't treat it as a proper diary is quite simple - a couple of weeks ago, when I was visiting my parents and thought I could actually clean my old room up, I found the diary from my teenage years and believe it or not - it caused me a massive cringe attack that ended up with literally hating my 13-year-old self. And because I want this notebook to be something more than just a place where I talk to myself about actors I want to marry and silly girls in my secondary school, I intentionally chose to write only about the stuff that is worth sharing with the world. So if you ever find it and feel the temptation to read it - go ahead, I won't mind it. I hope to get majority of things written there posted here anyway.

Having this baby is also really helpful to get things sorted in my head. Last weeks (or even months) have literally been a series of unbelievable happenings and dreams coming true. I've drank tea with some incredible people in places I've never thought I'd visit, I was treated and introduced as a friend to some other amazing people, I laughed, cried, shared stories and opinions, hugged and generally had the best time ever. There is a downside though. The Internet is a wonderful place, but you have to be really careful about what you share and how you do it. And as I don't want to bring up any names and sound like I'm bragging - I need to think twice before I post something. So you can only imagine how helpful is it to write it down on paper before you show it to the world!

To end this uplifting piece of writing, I just wanted to tell you how grateful and flattered I am to hear there are some people who actually want to read this blog. If you're reading this, then yes, I'm talking about you! I hope I won't disappoint you in the future!

Loads of love,
Kate



P.S. I couldn't leave you without posting a picture of what is, in my opinion, the most breathtaking view in the entire world and (for a limited time) I have this enormous pleasure to stare at it every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment